Mortgage $1940
Insurance $189
Loan Repayment $500
Train Ticket $300
Bills $400
Paycheck: $3479
Disposable monthly income: $150
So... we're in a wee bit of financial stress. We try to keep our chins up and solder on everyday but.. it's an uphill road.
A friend offered us money the other day. I should have been touched. I should have been grateful. But all I could really think about was the fact that what we really need right now is.. friendship. Company. But clearly, the half and hour drive to our place is way too far away for city bound folk, and we can't really afford to drive into the city, so here we have an impasse.
Funny how when you have money, it's so much easier to just throw money at people rather than to actually inconvenience oneself to spend time with them.
So.. excuse me if I find it somewhat difficult to celebrate with you on the purchase of your $1.2 million house, or follow you eagerly on every leg of your round the world trip. No, I can't have lunch with you because I can't actually afford lunch, and no, I don't want you to buy me lunch, because I am not a charity case.
The only thing we have right now is pride. So thanks for the monetary offer, but no thanks. We'll take your company if you have any to spare, but I'm guessing not.
Of course I don't say this to you, because no, that would be offensive. So I force a smile and avoid contact with you just in case what I'm really thinking slips out.
And so the cycle perpetuates itself.
skip to main |
skip to sidebar


No comments:
Post a Comment