Monday, November 06, 2006

New Day

Sooo. It's a new day. New chapter, new job, new boss. New opportunities. So let's recap. About.. three months ago, I left my previous job. For those of you folks who remember, that job left me feeling highly stressed and completely drained. I've been doing a post mortem on that job. When I first joined up, I absolutely loved the job. My boss was fantastic.. I had so much respect for him. Then as the company grew.. I think.. everyone kinda.. lost the plot. So without saying anything further, I'm happy that I've moved on.

Took me.. maybe... two months and a bit, to find this new job. God's grace and provision amazed me.. because if i had gone another week jobless, rent would have been... an issue. After how far I've wandered from God, i didn't think He'd come through for me anymore... but He did.. proving once again, how flawed my perception of Him is.

So. Fast forward to the present, and here I am. New boss, new job, new swank offices, new colleagues. It's challenging, for sure. If I thought my previous boss was rich and powerful... well.. my current one is... about ten times so. twenty times. So. It does get a little scary, because he's a really intense, no-nonsense person, but right now I'm taking it a day at a time.

There are reaaallly cool days though. The company that I work for, has , under it's umbrella, two other companies. One of which runs the Melbourne Jazz Festival. We're signing on some of the biggest names in jazz.. Ella Fitzgerald, Herbie Hancock.. and some other names that for now, shall remain nameless. So that's been interesting.

I've only ever worked for service providing companies - direct marketing, advertising, graphic design. So. I've only ever seen the world from the provider's point of view. Running around like headless chickens making everything perfect for the client. On Friday, as I attended a meeting with our graphic designers, as they presented their work to us, I saw the world from the client's point of view. And then I went... 'Oh.. so this is what it is to be a client'.

I feel like I'm being taken on a journey. It's like when you travel through different countries - you learn different things, you grow in different ways, you see different landscapes. I feel like God's taking me on one of these journeys, travelling through the business world. To what end, I do not yet know, but when I'm ready to know, He will make it known to me.

Holding on to the only thing that's constant, and that is the fact that He is in control. He will provide, day to day, and that He is the only one who knows where I will be, 10 years from now. For a few months, I've been lost. I've been going through a very long dark tunnel... where you almost experience.. sensory deprivation. I didn't feel God, didn't see God, didn't want to have anything to do with God. Now I'm coming out the other end, I see the glimmer of light, and I'm heading that direction.

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered" - Nelson Mandela

4 comments:

sg girl said...

=) *huggs* Sounds gd, sounds gd and Ella Fitzgerald? tt's bigg - skye

raychuah said...

Hey Agnes, this is *your* brand new blog eh :D cool, again, glad to "see" you back in action. btw, u think it'll be ok for link ur blog url on mine?

mung said...

ahh...i wish i was in melbourne...FOR the Jazz Fest of cos...

Incognito said...

Hehe. you should soo come to Melbourne for the Festival. it's next year! Sure, Ray. *HUG*