Watched Children of Men today. It's funny. Ten years ago, whenever there were movies made about the future, the world was always portrayed as technologically advanced, pristine, with flying cars and suspended highways. Clean streets, to the point of being sterile.
But now. Movies made about the future portray decay, grime, dirt, poverty, depravity... humanity broken down. Atomic wars, murder on the streets... It's scary. It really is. Children of Men portrayed that futuristic world. I loved the concept. The premise the show started from, with no child born to any woman for x number of years, infertility, was brilliant, and thought provoking. But the world they portrayed, was one of despair, of hopelessness, of desperation. And that disturbed me. Is that really where we're headed? Is humanity really on the brink of breakdown? Will we become that depraved? Have we already become that depraved? What bothered me was that... what they portrayed.. wasn't that far a stretch from where we are now. I found myself asking... are there places that are already like that? And I can't discount that possibility altogether.
If that's our future.. and when I think of what the Bible has foretold, the prophecies, in Revelation, I will admit, I'm afraid. Will I have the strength to stand? If a simple movie shakes me this hard, I don't know if I have that strength.
skip to main |
skip to sidebar


4 comments:
It is quite bad already...back home...houses broken into, cars stolen...and all happened around me..what is the world coming to?
Sorry to sound so morbid....-_-'
Hey, good to see that you're back.
boo...
Yeah. *lean*
Hey Paul!! *hug*
Post a Comment