Tuesday, August 28, 2007

First Date


I went on a date yesterday. I was really nervous. He was someone that I've known for almost all my life... we even went out a few times over the past number of years, but over the last two years we've kind of... I don't know... I think I've pushed him away. Actively. Gone into hiding. But yesterday he found me and persuaded me out of my cave. I asked him what the dress code was for our little date... because you know, there's nothing worse than showing up underdressed or overdressed. He said to be ready just as I am. Which.. quite frankly, made me really, really nervous... and plenty self-conscious, because I am really... a little worse for the wear.

The first few minutes of the date was really awkward.. really, really awkward. I hadn't seen him or spoken to him for such a long time.. I really had no idea what to say to him... what to talk about. I started by apologizing for not keeping in touch.. in spite of my repeated promises to do just that. We warmed up eventually though... and had a really, really lovely time. I'd forgotten how easy it was to talk to him.. and before I knew it, the hour had gone by and I had the best time ever. We agreed to restart our relationship.. reset the clock, so to speak. It's humbling to realize that even after knowing him for more years than I can count, I really don't know him at all. Everything I thought I knew about him, I don't know at all. So we're starting over, and I'm really excited.

I'm meeting him again tonight.. can't wait.

11 comments:

mung said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mung said...

yo aggs...thats the way......hehe

Anonymous said...

hey... fill me in again? who is this person?

-addie

The Girl Next Door said...

U WENT ON A DATE AND U DIDN'T TELL ME???? i am withholding scrabble!!

Incognito said...

Hahahah... people, people... you know how i tend to tell stories on my blogs that aren't really what they seem to be? Especially when i never said at any point that 'he' was a guy, per say? Read between the lines:)

Incognito said...

Kat: NOoooooOOOO... you can't withhold scrabble!!!!

The Girl Next Door said...

=)))

mung said...

wats wrong wit u? He is a GUY!!

Anonymous said...

great.... how was 2nd date?

RWHC said...

*sings while skipping in a circle* I know who it iiiisss.. I know who it iiiiissss *teases everybody*

I'm glad you found "heeeem", Aggieeee!!! ;P

RWHC said...

I am such a child sometimes :3