Tuesday, June 05, 2007

The person I'd most like to meet is..


The judge who delivered the following verdict to a Beatles fan for stealing beer, and who made the mistake of spelling Beatles 'Beetles' in his written response to the court, saying "Like the Beetles say, Let It Be."

To that, Judge Gregory Todd replies:

"Hey Jude, Do You Want To Know a Secret? The greatest band in history spelled its name B-e-a-t-l-e-s. Your response suggests there should be no consequence for your actions and I should Let It Be so you can live in Strawberry Fields Forever.

Such reasoning is Here, There and Everywhere. If I were to overlook your actions I would ignore that Day in the Life on April 21, 2006. That night you said to yourself I Feel Fine while drinking beer. Later, whether you wanted Money or were just trying to Act Naturally you became the Fool on the Hill.

Because you didn't ask for Help, Wait for Something else or listen to your conscience saying Honey Don't, the victim was later Fixing a Hole in the glass door you broke. Hopefully you can say both now and When I'm 64 that I Should Have Known Better."

Hint: Italics are all Beatles songs.

No comments: