Monday, March 12, 2007

A rose, by any other name.. would smell as sweet..

I've never been much of a green thumb.. I managed to kill a cactus. Well. Two cactuses. I just noticed my other dead cactus.

I've generally kept away from growing plants.. but when my sister went to Canada for two months, I was left as keeper of her roses. Not just any roses either, but the very rose bushes that she lined the aisle at her wedding. So knowing she would whoop my behind if I killed them, I've been the best caretaker that roses could hope to have. And I have to admit.. it's a wonderful feeling to open the door in the morning when I leave for work and see these.



2 comments:

drey said...

they are so beatiful! u did an amazing job thanks ha! see u dsonn!!!!!!

Incognito said...

hahaha.. they don't look like this anymore. i went back home for a week, and although my neighbour did water it a lot, they look a little worse for the wear :( i think you'll need to do some major pruning when you get back