Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Pride comes before a fall. -thud-

I've changed. I used to be so confident in my job. I used to hold my head up high, knowing that I do what I do well.

I'm not that anymore. You know that feeling you get when you were in school, and you felt like everyone was talking about you? Well.. I haven't felt that way in a long time, and lately that's the way I've felt. It's not just the fact that I'm in a new job. It's not quite that new anymore, and I know how things work now, so it's not that I'm just unsure. It's more than that. I keep thinking that I'm not doing a good enough job. I keep feeling that people are murmuring behind my back that I'm slacking off.

It's hard, because around me, everyone's busy. When I offer to help, I get turned down.. and we have someone here who does everything, and is pretty possessive about her work, so there's nothing that I can take over to do. I don't know. Maybe it really is just that for a year, I've been the person who knows everything, who runs everything, who keeps things going. I guess for a whole year, I've been.. what's the word.. central to the company. And now, I'm just.. kind of on the outside looking in. Maybe I just need to get used to it. OR maybe, this is God telling me.. that this isn't the place for me.

I don't know. I know God's humbling me. I guess there was a point there I got quite cocky, and He's taking me down a peg or two. And I know that, Lord. Acknowledged. Really.

.. I made a difference there.. I did my job, and I think it did it well, given the circumstances. Although granted, I did stuff up quite a bit as well. I've made mistakes there, and I've learned from them. But.. I made a difference there. Maybe not such a huge difference.. but I was productive. And now.. I just feel like I'm floundering a little.

I'm 25.. and I hate to admit it.. but I still don't know what I really want, careerwise. And that a) scares me b)frustrates me c) depresses me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! First post!

No really. I'm sure everyone feels that way. When you are not doing anything and you see other people walking around, it just seems that everyone is extremely busy. The perception that everyones busy is whats making you feel useless. In reality they could be just doing some mundane thing which you have never seen, so it looks like they are busy.

Would you feel better if you had some work as well? Ask your boss. Show that you are proactive in wanting to learn more and it'll go a long way towards your career prospects. :)

Anonymous said...

Don't mind if I link you up to my blog? I've given the link under "Your Web page"

Anonymous said...

Oops... What I mean is just click on the hyperlink and it'll take you there. Warning, I may ramble on things that most people don't understand.

Incognito said...

Yeah sure! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Aggie!

--The Eyeless Feeesh
<><

Incognito said...

Wheeee.

*snuggle Eyeless Feesh*