Thursday, February 01, 2007

Enough

So tired, and so weak,
Of feeling like the freak..

Left behind, left out,
Nothing more than an afterthought..

There's the sound of the slamming door,
Folks, love don't live here anymore..

When you next need me,
Guess what?
I won't be here.
Then I will celebrate,
With a cheer..

The day I set myself free,
The day I finally thought of me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Residue

The years behind and the days ahead,
The unknown road that you must tread,
The unmapped path and that thorny track,
It’s almost enough to break your back,
To think of how you’re going to bear,
The heavy load with none to share,
And just how far you’ll have to go,
You cannot tell, you do not know.

Keep a brave heart and greet each day,
Believing that you are on your way,
To something better, something great,
Something that will compensate…
You often find that when all is told,
That what you missed is not pure gold,
The real comes with the residue
Of what Life holds in store for you

-Patience Strong

Anonymous said...

as in "Patience Strong" is the author of that poem...

Incognito said...

I like that. I like that alot.

Still have no idea who you are though. Addie?

Anonymous said...

oh no - i am addie's friend, Patt..from TP as well - i asked about you the other day and addie pointed me here :)

Incognito said...

Oooo. I remember you! Hi! :)